Career Trek Makes a Difference!
A recent study found our graduates scored higher on measures of curiosity, interest, and planning.
We always knew Career Trek made a difference. Now we have proof!
A recent study from University of Manitoba and University of Winnipeg researchers found that compared to children who did not attend Career Trek programming, our graduates scored higher on measures of curiosity, interest, and planning.
- Career Trek participants are more curious about things they learn in school.
- Career Trek participants are more aware of their interests in school.
- Career Trek participants feel they have more control over their activities and school related behaviours.
- More Career Trek participants feel that planning for the future is important.
The most important finding from the study is that students in Grades 5-6 show a greater capacity to engage in career exploration and knowledge of career interests, compared to older students.
- Career Trek’s Wonder of Work program engages young people at the optimal age.
Creating a Lifelong Career Development Model