Career Development Course at Winnipeg
Are you struggling to choose your course load? Are you concerned with the apparent lack of opportunities for students after they graduate? Are you worried about how you can help others to take charge of their career paths?
Well you are in luck!
Starting this fall The University of Winnipeg will officially become the first post-secondary institution in Canada to offer a university level career development course dedicated to helping students develop their personal career plans!
Open to all students, the brand new Career: Life / Work Planning course will:
- develop understanding and skills for personal career planning,
- emphasize learning and practicing communications skills,
- teach job-search skills,
- build relationship skills,
- build personal assessment skills,
- help students consider how past experiences, worldviews, gender and culture influence career planning, and
- prepare students to work with others to help them understand the complex world of work.
Put simply, this course helps students tackle the current challenges that impede school-to-work transitions, helping them take charge of their career paths.
Career Trek is excited to be involved in this first-of-its-kind offering and wants everyone to be aware of this course.
Spots are limited, so register today!
The undergraduate course number is MULTI-3900-050 and is cross listed under EDUC-5001-051 and is entitled Career: Life/Work Planning.