Get Ready to Work! supports Grade 9 students as they explore different career paths. Career Trek partners with business, industry, and post-secondary institutions. This means that Get Ready to Work! participants experience a wide range of potential futures, while developing important workplace skills.
Get Ready to Work! prepares participants to make informed decisions about their future education and career choices.
The Get Ready to Work! project will run as an online program for Winnipeg, Brandon, The Pas, and surrounding areas.
What We Do
- Provide opportunities to learn about workplace essential skills. Participants develop skills to help prepare them for the workforce.
- Create a space for youth to meet new people and form friendships and networks.
- Enable youth to explore occupations by learning about industries and employment sectors.
- Provide career development opportunities.
- Get Ready to Work! is an 8-week online after-school program
- Participants will be expected to attend live video sessions scheduled once a week.
- The enrollment fee for the program is $25.