Get Ready to Work!
It’s time to discover the possibilities and Get Ready to Work!
The Get Ready to Work! project supports Grade 9 students as they explore a variety of occupations in partnership with business, industry and post-secondary institutions in Manitoba while at the same time developing important workplace essential skills. This experiential learning opportunity will better prepare students to make informed decisions about their future in education, post-secondary, training and beyond.
- Develop employability and 21st century essential skills
- Explore at least eight different occupational possibilities
- Learn directly from professionals in the field
- Establish the connection between being a good student, a good citizen, and a good worker
- Increase personal confidence
- Build resilience to confront any barriers that may be in their path towards education and career goals
- Learn about financing opportunities for their education
- Build a personalized career portfolio
Proudly funded by:
For more information, contact:
Program Manager, Youth Initiatives
Career Trek Inc.
9th Floor, 191 Lombard Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3B 0X1
Office: (204) 944-1800 ext. 117
Fax: (204) 942-4912
Toll free: 1-800-693-3864
Email: [email protected]