Kids can't imagine a future for themselves doing something they've never experienced.
The goal of the Wonder of Work (WOW) program is to give children many educational and career experiences. WOW helps kids aged 10 and 11 to explore career options and to learn about themselves and their goals. They explore their likes, dislikes, and potential. Participants leave WOW empowered to take charge of their unique career paths.
WOW is a fun way for kids to learn about themselves, but it's so much more than that. Participants begin to see the link between education, career options, and personal success. They become their own career champions.
What We Do
- Engaging, hands-on lessons
- Age appropriate activities
- Enable youth to discover their likes and dislikes
- Encourage self reflections
- Show the educational pathway through high-school and post-secondary education, for each occupation
- Empower youth to plan for their future education and careers
Here are some of the career areas that participants have explored in past years:
University of Winnipeg
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Science
- Theatre and Film
Red River College
- Aviation and Aerospace
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
University of Manitoba
- Agricultural and Food Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Kinesiology and Recreation Management
- Peace and Conflict Studies
WOW Summer Camp
Career Trek is excited to offer a new Summer Camp program in partnership with local school divisions. The Wonder of Work (WOW) Summer Camp provides children in grade 5-6, the opportunity to explore up to 20 career lessons, over the course of one week.
For more information, contact: