We are accepting applications for the Junior Staff Mentorship Virtual Program (JSMP).
JSMP invites Career Trek graduates, and other students in Grades 9 to 12, to take part in regular workshops and activities. These sessions teach participants practical skills, introduce them to careers related to their interests, and connect them with community organizations. Career Trek staff, who are post-secondary students, mentor participants. The program focuses on skill building, creativity, self-awareness, and career development.
We want many young Manitobans to be able to take part in JSMP. We have added the option to bring a friend to the program.
We invite you to apply, or to share this page with someone who might love this program!
- March 2022 - mid May 2020 virtually using the zoom platform
- 7 Saturday's 10:00 - 2:00pm
- 10 Tuesday's 5:00 -7:00pm
You will have the opportunity to:
- Increase your confidence and self-awareness
- Improve your communication skills
- Improve personal responsibility and accountability
- Prepare to pursue post-secondary education
- Develop a personal career path
- Develop skills to help prepare for the workforce
- Work with and empower younger participants – this is valuable work experience for your resume!
Through JSMP, you have the opportunity to meet new people from across Manitoba. The program opens the door to new education and career possibilities, as well as life-long friendships.
JSMP is part of the Wonder of Work Program, and is funded by the Manitoba government.