The Virtual Junior Staff Mentorship Program
We are currently accepting applications for our Junior staff mentorship virtual program which is set to launch in January 2021.
This is a chance for Career Trek graduates to return and be mentored on various areas with focus on skill building, creativity, self-awareness, and career development. Junior Staff Mentors will spend 14 weeks engaging in a professional development workshop while building their own knowledge base, self-confidence, and leadership abilities.
- Increase confidence and self-awareness
- Improve communication skills
- Improve personal responsibility and accountability
- Prepare to successfully move ahead with post-secondary education
- Develop a personal career path
- Learn about workplace essential skills and develop skills to help prepare for the workforce
- A 14-week online after-school program
- Participants will be expected to attend live video sessions scheduled once a week on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- The enrollment fee for the program is $25.
- Deadline for applications is Friday, January 8!
What Junior Staff have to say
“Career trek is a fantastic education device that everyone should get to use, it pushes kids to try things they never would have before and lets them do so in a stress free environment. Without Career Trek I probably wouldn’t have found what I want to be when I grow up, and I thank Career Trek wholeheartedly for that.”
“Career Trek has given me the opportunity to make connections and build a stronger understanding of what I want for my future. It has also taught me to go beyond my boundaries, and aim higher every time I show up for programming. The best thing I’ve gotten out of the program was the friendships I’ve built within it.”
Did You Know?
- Junior Staff Mentors participate in enriching skill building.
- Junior Staff Mentors meet new people and have the opportunity to make long-lasting friendships.
- The Junior Staff Mentorship Program can open the door to new education and career possibilities.
- You get the chance to empower, inspire, and change the lives of students.
- Junior Staff Mentorship is part of the Wonder of Work Program, which is funded by the Manitoba government.
For more information contact: