On March 10 and 16, Career Trek youth participants – from Junior Staff Mentorship Program, Get Ready to Work!, M-Power, and CRAVE – attended the “RBC Future Launch – Your Brand Matters” Workshop facilitated by RBC Olympian Skylar Park.
Skylar shared the importance of building your own personal brand and keeping it in mind in every personal and career-oriented decision that you make.
During the workshop, our participants were asked to complete a few sentences. Here are some of the highlights!
“I am good at…”
- Problem solving
- Being organized
- Helping others
- Honesty and trust
- Good work ethic and mutual respect
- Hard work and honesty
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion
“I am interested in…”
- Making a change
- Human rights
- Abstract concepts
“I look forward to…”
- Developing confidence
- Inspiring others to do the right thing
- Developing my professional skills
“I hope one day…”
- To become an educator
- People will look back and remember me as someone who changed the world for the better
- I can find a vaccine for a disease or cure for something in the medical field
- Travel and meet new people